Xerox

This project was very intriguing to me since it allowed me to push my imaginations. To never think that nothing is not art. Well I came to a realization that everything portrays something, even the most abstract pieces. Dali for instance, with all his abstract paintings and sculptures. I thought this piece could be a good comparison because it is as abstract as it gets but it tells a message. Each piece is separated through out the space but all is attached and directed to one thing, the base. The pieces scattered around shows the unfortunate luck of some people with disabilities. Although at the end we are all oneself, just like any other. I liked to incorporate my tattoos also because they also show messages, like the one that says alive stands for "live in the moment", which is what people should be doing to be happy. The snake biting the hand is portraying the saying, "bite the hand that feeds do", which means we should all appreciate and look forward to the ones that care of us, or supported us. And I thought that people with disabilities always looks forward to the people that take care of them, they are their heroes. And they are joyful, but now days we are stuck in the digital world and focus on ourselves rather than on the people that care about us. Furthermore one of my biggest inspirations for this work was also Salvador Dali.

link: Video

( I tried uploading the video but I had trouble so I put the link) let me know if you cant see.




Comments

Popular Posts