Grid Art

With this project I was really confident that it would be easy for me and interesting. In fact, before doing it I was very excited to do a project.. It started with the use of an old Louis Vuitton fake bag that a friend gave to me long time ago. The leather and all of course was fake and really low quality so I didn't mind at all cutting it. The little dots one can see on the middle and on the right side of the board was where the handles were attached to, and couldn't get rid of them. Later I bought nails and started with the L. Now, for some reason I was doing really good with that letter until I came to the V where it completely went its own way. I would of liked trying to put 900 nails on just letters but that was too challenging and I went the easy way just putting a 30x30 line on the side of the board. One of the challenges was having to work outside because of the loud noise of the hammering, In my apartment (off-campus) I already got noise complains for such loudness.  I chose this to promote more the modern art, how fashion is becoming a huge part in our lives. And also I want to be a fashion designer but the fashion industry is getting so big everyday that it is getting harder to become one of the good ones. I chose to go with a classy leather and something that goes with "street style" the nails. Because the "hype" today is street style with a designer touch. Some designers are starting to add grafiti in their products!

Comments

  1. This is a very cool piece visually and conceptually. Your use of the iconic LV logo mixed with the ruggedness of the nails speaks volumes about the idea of designer merchandise. This is a very interesting take on the grid art assignment and it came out really awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts