Music Movements

HOUSE: For this genre I chose Nu, a solo band that makes progressive house a subgenre of house. Because what's unique about this artist is that he exposes old music mixed with modern house lounge beats. In every song there is a piece of culture from different parts of the world. He mixes Indian and house, a lot of Arabic music with house, etc.  And that allows different audiences to have a taste of every beat. I consider his work to fit in the electronic context because he uses recorded sounds, and edits them and makes music out of that. He edits the sound in a way that they stop sounding like the actual sound and starts becoming a beat. In his performances he also always has a pad in front, which is a board with only buttons that have different sounds recorded on them. this allows him to improvise through the songs. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3EXmjCH5UY&t=8200s

HARDCORE: For this genre I chose Amnesysbecause it intrigues me to see why people like this type of music. This type of music is so hardcore that mostly people take drugs in the clubs while listening to this artist. This of course fits in the electronic music context because all sounds are made technologically and edited. LINK:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suCr4pWi3I

PUNK: Tash Sultana is an artist that I recently found and she is amazingly talented. I don't know if it considered punk, I hope it is. Well, she makes music by recording one sound and playing them on loop. She records different sounds and makes a song out of that. She wasn't famous at first but she became viral after her first video of her first song. She could be considered in the electronic music context because she uses all technology to create her sounds, as well as using pedals for effects. She makes beats also using a pad. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFn2kyvkk7g

LATING WORLD: For this genre I chose one of my favorite artists Bad Bunny. He is a Latin trap singer and also uses a lot of effects in his voice and music that's why I consider it to be in the electronic music context. This singer also grew up drastically over the past two years all thanks to new technology. In his past songs he wasn't able to edit his voice in such high quality and in such tone. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHJ5OywydA

NINETIES: Nirvana has been one of the bands that I have listened throughout my childhood and at first I never thought about if they used technology at all in rock, meaning like electronic instruments or pads. And it struck out to me that Curt Cobain the lead singer of the band used pedals a lot for his guitar sounds, that's what made it sound so unique for some people. I think with the pedal being able to distortion sounds making them sound different from their actual sound is considered to be in the electronic music context. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmkuH1k7uA

Comments

Popular Posts